Sunday, June 22, 2014

Progress

I slept most of the night, waking up only to take meds. I was awake about an hour after that, but this is far better than waking up every half hour in pain. Trust me, it's much much better. The better sleep I get, the more I will heal. I noticed with my lipoma surgery that things always looked far better after a good night of sleep. I am assuming the same is true in this situation.

I'm moving my meds to every six hours. I tried to do it yesterday, but that just would not happen. Even today, I'm not sure it was the best thing to do, but I'm trying anyway. Hopefully by tomorrow, I can move to every eight hours. Then every twelve. We'll see. A lot of that is going to depend on how the pain levels out over the next few days. I'm working on that though.

This morning and again this afternoon, I walked the driveway. I won't say it was pleasant or easy, but I did it. The more walking I can do, the stronger my abdominal muscles will be and the quicker I can get the inflammation out of my system. This will also hopefully contribute to everything inside of me deciding where it will not live given  that a cantaloupe-sized uterus has been removed. I'm guessing that a lot of the lingering pain is due to this redistribution of organ placement. The faster we get everything back in place, the happier my body will be.

Aside from that, I'm doing my best just to take  things easy and relax. Emotionally, I've been through a lot over the last several months. If I have to do radiation, that will be even more emotional hell. So for now, I just need to try and be positive and focus on what progress I am capable of making. Right now,  that's about all I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment