Monday, June 9, 2014

Time Healing Wounds

The major worrisome part of the scar on my arm as been the place where the three points of the "T" shape join. My doctor was worried that it might not heal, so of course I was worried that it might not heal.  For weeks now, it has been covered in scabs and shrouded in mystery. What would be under there? I really had no way of knowing. My only recourse was to just give it time and not mess with it.

The scab was deep and has come off in stages, parts at a time breaking away to reveal more questions underneath. Two weeks ago, when I started spitting stitches, another large portion of the scab had fallen off, and much to my dismay, I could see stitches sticking out from it. I was not happy about this because many of my other spitting stitches haven't been polite and just quietly waited out their time to be removed. They've erupted my skin, leaving blood and other unpleasantness in their wake. I really didn't need that happening from the most vulnerable part of my scar.

This evening, the scab finally decided it was time to fall completely off. When it did, a stitch was embedded in part of it . . .curiously, this stitch didn't look like it had been tied off. About twenty minutes later, the other stitch in this area also fell out. Enough of it had been dissolved on the inside to allow it to just slip on into the world.

The area feels odd. It still has a lot of pinkness to it and looks like it could use a few more layers of skin, but it isn't open or bleeding or anything. It might surprise me and erupt with more stitches, but I'm really hoping it doesn't. Maybe this part can just be healed and happy. That would be quite nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment