Monday, June 16, 2014

Monday before Surgery

My doctor called today to confirm my appointment. We went over the details of what would be happening again and talked about what I needed to be doing in  the meantime. It was good of him to call and good for him not to be telling me that things had gone sideways.What was LESS good happened a few hours later. They moved my surgery up an hour, which means I have to be AT the hospital by 5:30 in the morning. This means I'm going to have to be awake at something like FOUR.

Sigh. Oh well, as I have tried to do with all parts of this Adventure I Did Not Want, I'm trying to look on  the bright side.  For one thing, I will probably be awake at four that morning anyway, because I doubt I'll be getting much sleep. So that shouldn't be a problem. Secondly, that means I am one hour closer to midnight when I stopped drinking. This means I am less likely to be dehydrated and therefore MORE likely to have my IV put in without any problems. Another advantage to this is that I'll hopefully be out of surgery earlier. If something goes wrong, maybe it can be corrected in a more timely fashion and I can still go home the next day.  The sooner this is over, the better.

It's been six weeks since the surgery to remove the lipoma. I have fairly much adjusted to life without it. It is healing well, though I still have some broken skin from the spitting stitches. They're less of a problem than they were a few weeks ago. The scar is pretty massive, but I'm good with that. I can't wait to see how it looks in another six weeks.

Speaking of another six weeks, even if I have the c-section, I'm trying to focus on the fact that six weeks from that, I should be more or less healed from it. I may not be completely back to where I was, but it should be considerably easier to get around. Time. All of this just takes time. I just have to remember time will keep me healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment