Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Bad Tuesday

Uggh. So as I was driving down my street, I got a flat tire. I parked in  the front of the driveway because that looked like the easiest place to deal with it. The roommate and I changed it without too much problem, but then the spare tire was flat too. I just .  . . wow. How the fuck does this stuff always happen? Anyway, we called the mechanic. Turns out the car needs two new tires and an oil change.  This is money I really don't have to spare right now, but we have to make it happen somehow.

I should count my blessings here. I do have them. The car messed up when I was basically IN my yard. The mechanic was kind enough to help. It's fixable (I keep waiting for the time when we send the car to the mechanic and get told we just need to set it on fire). More over, I was able to participate in changing the tire enough to where the whole process went faster than it usually does. I am grateful for these things.

It's stressful though. I have this really, superbusy next week and I just wanted THIS week to be calm and easy, where nothing out of the ordinary happening. This upcoming trip to Tulsa is making me extremely nervous. I think it's setting off the cancer PTSD I've been experiencing. I wish I could be more calm about this, but I don't think it's going to happen.

So that was my day. Tomorrow is going to be expensive and annoying. I'm really hoping that past that point, things calm down and life can just move quietly forward until Tulsa. Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment