Thursday, December 25, 2014

Merry Christmas

My roommate and I ended up at diner for lunch today. It was one of maybe three places open in the town near us. Seriously, if you want to make money during the holidays, have your business open during Christmas. You'll have a crowd all day. The place was kind of a dive, but I found that charming. I always like places like that because I assume everyone is there for the same kind of fringy reasons we are.

I was less happy at the movie. The place was crowded as hell. I get why people go to the movies on Christmas. If you have family you don't really know how to talk to, the distraction of a movie is great. However, it's kind of insane to think you can bring 8+ people to a theater and expect that all of you will sit together. That just isn't going to happen, especially if you show up five minutes before the movie starts.

My roommate and I have a very practical approach to our movie watching. We show up at least 30 minutes ahead of time. That way, we can get concessions, use the bathroom, and more than likely secure good seating. Back when I was less capable, I really didn't contribute much to this. Now that I can walk longer distances, it's usually my task to secure the seating while my roommate gets the drinks.

We have a certain place we like to sit. I will admit I'm disappointed when we don't get that spot, but I don't complain about it. If the theater isn't too crowned, we keep a seat between us for my purse to sit. That way we both have enough arm room. I'll give up that chair if need be, but usually that doesn't have to happen.

Even today, we didn't have to give it up. The theater was crowded,but not to capacity. It wasn't so much about people, just the fact that so many came in huge groups. The people who sat next to us came as an 8set and then added like seven more later. There was really no way they could all sit in one row.

In the end, it all worked out though. We saw our movie and ate our diner meal. Then we came home so we could start recovery from the holidays. Hopefully that will happen quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment