Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Stark Wednesday

The car repairs ended up being even more expensive than I thought they would. I basically have nothing left for the rest of the year. Luckily, I'm getting Christmas money (at least I hope I am) so maybe that can kind of float me for a while. It's scary though. Damned car fuckery shouldn't happen at the end of the year when my funds are basically gone. This is the kind of setback that can throw poor people into dire situations.

This has left me feeling really depressed and vulnerable. When we got home, I basically just took to my bed and laid there for hours, feeling kind of sick about the whole situation. The worst part is always wondering if something ELSE will go wrong with the cars now. What other shoe could drop, when I've ran out of resources to handle them.

I realize I'm feeling sorry for myself here, but that's kind of the point of a blog, I suppose. Really, I just didn't need this at the end of the year. After all the hell of cancers and surgeries and everything else, I just really wanted to end this year on a quiet note. It's hard to do that when you basically have next to nothing when it comes to money.

Anyway, the car is home. Trash is out. I have blankets and a warm, purring kitty. There are some bright spots.

No comments:

Post a Comment