Monday, December 22, 2014

Merry Monday

Somehow or another, the heater ended up being an easy fix. Ol Boy took it apart, cleaned it out, sanded down some stuff, and everything worked again. I'm guessing that heaters, much like fans, need the occasional clean out in order to keep down the gunk of everyday life. Mind you, the heater is about three bastards' worth of trouble to take a part, so I don't feel bad about paying someone to do it. Besides, there was a gas line involved. It's best to leave that to professionals.

I'm back to feeling normal-for-me again. I plan to make some changes to my intake habits. Including adding more water. I'm honestly doing better about the water than I have in a long time, but I could do better still. I'll probably wait until after Christmas to start it though, as I don't want to spend Christmas Eve at my Grandfather's needing to pee. I've also gotten into some snacking habits that I'm going to stop. Those will be pretty easy though. The stuff just won't be bought.

Another thing I want to change is how I travel. My roommate always takes water with him, even if it's just for a short trip. I sometimes do, but tend to find the whole thing a bother. However, I think I need to reconsider that.I often find myself having the most dehydration symptoms on days when I've been out for a while. If I keep water with me, I may not drink as much as I would at home, but I'll certainly drink more than I have been (which was very little to any at all).

I played Sims 4 more today. I've decided I like the aspiration system better in this one. Instead of just one central goal, you have a lot of smaller goals to accomplish. Ones you accomplish them, you can switch to other aspirations. I like this because it seems to fit better with how people truly live. I was playing one character who started out with knowledge aspirations, then switched to financial ones,  then, as I had decided it was time for her to settle down, she switched to family ones. This process suited the direction of the character and gave me a lot of points!

However, I also realized, quite by accident, that if you have two families that you are playing, they will age even if you're not messing with them. I left one sim as a young adult and saw her at a bar as an elder. There is probably something in Settings that can stop this, but I haven't explored that yet.

Anyway, for a Monday and a day when I had to have something worked on, it wasn't so bad. Hope your holiday week is going well.

No comments:

Post a Comment