Friday, December 26, 2014

The Birds

Today when my roommate and I got back from the store, the trees around us were covered in chattering birds. This wasn't just a casual 'birds sit in the trees and chatter' kind of thing. This was profound.  They were making so much noise we had to almost yell to hear each other. And they were covering all of the trees. It was one of the neatest things I've ever seen.

This was one of those moments when I was hyperaware of my surroundings. The sky was gray and very overcast. This made most of the trees look gray as well, which let itself to the birds blending with them. They were so very loud and I felt like I was a part of that.

Sometimes I really feel at odds with nature . . . usually when I'm dealing with bugs. Today, however, I really felt connected to it. I felt in awe of it. I'm glad I had this experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment