Monday, December 15, 2014

Words with Junkies

It's actually a little scary how addicted I am to Words with Friends. Yes, I know, I'm wait late starting the game. I may have started a while back, but didn't really do anything with it. Now? Oh man, I'm just so caught up in it. I'm a total junkie. It's fun as hell.

The interesting part of this for me is that I can't spell for shit. This normally leads to much frustration when I play things like Scrabble. But Words with Friends won't let you spell stuff wrong, so that isn't really a problem. Usually, my only problem comes when I have a collection of sucky letters. I almost always have sucky letters, but that's just the luck of the draw.

What I'm enjoying about the game is that it's stimulating some part of my brain that clearly hasn't been poked at in a while. It isn't even about winning the matches. I usually don't, because I'm playing with people who are far more experienced that me. It's more about puzzling out what you can do with your letters. I love it when I have options and can just sit there and mess with them until I see what gives me the most points. The whole process makes my brain feel good.

However, waiting for other people to play their turn is killing me! I realize people have lives and they need time to get back to their little casual FB game, but dammit, I want my fix! I'll find myself going back to the game many times a day, just to see if I can play again. I'll tap my fingers as it is loading, hoping to see that it's my turn! Ohh, the joy I feel when it is!

Like any good junkie, I've started doing whatever I can to get more. I've let myself play multiple games at a time. I'll even play with strangers! I'm serious about that. When all of my people are gone, I'll let the game randomly select someone for me and I am happy to let it  happen!

I probably need an anon group for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment