Thursday, June 30, 2011

In Which She Thinks "Oh hell...."

Last night I wrote this spiffy little puff post about the apocalypse.  Can puff pieces be written about the apocalypse? Natch! Especially if it's, well, me.

The thing is, Blogger kept fucking with me and not saving things and finally when I went to post it, I got an error.

WHAHHH!!

Okay, first of all, I was just mad. Puff post or not, I had spent quite a while working on the damned thing. It was one of those posts where I was just letting myself ramble so to try and rewrite it would have come off as contrived. Annoyed with the whole thing, I went to bed, thinking I'd just wait until tomorrow night to write something.

Then this morning, it struck me that my posts of late had boarded on the offensive.  There are a lot of assholes out there, so it was quite possible I'd been reported.  Maybe.........maybe my blog was just gone.

OH HELL.

In that moment, I felt this kind of panicky devastation because, to be honest, this blog has become really important to me. I like doing this. In fact, I probably NEED to do this now. The idea of it being gone, even if I could start another one . . . wow. What a horrible thought.

Obviously, it wasn't deleted. I was just being paranoid and impractical.  Paranoid because it's doubtful they'd kill my blog just because of the crap I write about and impractical because the only 4 or 5 people who actually read my blog happen to enjoy what I have to say.

Anyway, just thought I'd share this little bit of BHB panic. Hopefully this will post.

No comments:

Post a Comment