Monday, December 2, 2013

Christmas Decoration

As you know, my roommate and I have decided on a one decoration per holiday rule. I started working on the one for Christmas today. Meet Wonky the Snowman. This is his head.
Wonky took several hours to do, mostly because I kept screwing up the pattern. At first, this was just because, well, honestly, I'm not even sure. After a while it was because I couldn't see straight anymore. This is Wonky's hat on Rowan's head. She is not happy. Then again, she never is.
After almost all day, Wonky got a body. I like him a lot. He's smirking, but it's a very sincere little smirk. I also like the way his hat sits all jaunty on his head. There was a lot of joy when I managed to start making his body look somewhat snowmanish.
This is the whole package, scarf, buttons, and everything. He'll sit on the mantle until the holiday is over (or until the cats pull him down and hide him forever). It will be nice to have him be part of our winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment