Thursday, December 19, 2013

First Holiday Whatnot

I went to my dad's tonight for early Christmas gift exchange. I am super happy with the gifts I received. I got beads and knitting supplies and headphones. You know, for me, the basics. I also got some wonderful hair product, a cute coin purse, and doll head salt and pepper shakers. Those may be my favorite. We had chili dogs, fries, and cheese cake. It was, perhaps, not the most traditional of holiday meals, but it was nevertheless, quite nice. All in all, I had a good time.

And yet, because I'm so anti-social and unused to others, I stayed apprehensive basically the whole day. Now that I'm back, I just feel really emotionally fragile about the whole party. It's not that anything went wrong. We had fun. It was nice. I guess it's just that I . . . no, honestly, I have no clue. I just feel very vulnerable and can't put my finger on why.

I'm happy with the night, so I don't really get this disquiet I'm having. It's strange. Then again, the holidays are always strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment