Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Duck Moment

I wanted to record this because it was a really neat moment and I wanted to remember it. And, honestly, if this blog is about anything, it is stuff like this.  As I get older, I'm starting to realize that even the best of us lose memory, mostly just from prioritizing other things.

As I was driving home today, a family of wild ducks passed across the road. Two adults and about five fussy little ducklings. They were adorable. I saw them way ahead of time, darting along the edge of the road. I stopped the van so they could safely cross. The adults kept the babies in the middle and kept quacking at them to keep them moving.

It was this very perfect moment. It made me so deeply happy.  It's like time slowed and it was just me and the duckies. I'm so thankful I got to see that.

No comments:

Post a Comment